Wow! I mean, just… WOW! Makers Central 2018 is all done and dusted, I’m back to work making things out of wood but still don’t feel like I’ve come down from what was a really special event. I’ve done a lot of exhibitions over the years, mainly for IT related stuff, but nothing like this. The atmosphere, community, friendliness and general awesomeness was something else! I was only there for the Saturday and kind of now wish I’d done the Sunday too. Saturday a very humbling day and a bit of a blur…
- 6.15am – Get up, eat bagel, drink coffee, pack truck
- 7.15am – Pick Glen up, drive to Birmingham
- 10.45am – Arrive at NEC just in time to miss Jimmy’s talk – d’oh! Have a coffee
- 11am – 3.30pm – Meet all you lovely people!
- 4pm – Drop truck off at hotel, grab a cheeseburger en-route, taxi back to NEC
- 5pm – Last look around Makers Central and meet more awesome makers!
- 6pm – Drinks and pizza courtesy of Vectric, I wasn’t hungry though since I’d just had a burger, d’oh! …the beers were very welcome though!
- 8pm – 3am – Drinks back at the hotel with all the lovely makers! In 21 hours all I’d eaten was a tiny cheeseburger. By 3am I was STARVING and McD’s next to the hotel was closed! So our evening meal consisted of Mini Cheddars from the hotel vending machine. What I would have given for some of that pizza now!
Thanks again to everyone for coming, I enjoyed meeting each and every one of you. Back to the grind, roll on Makers Central 2019! 🙂